Saturday, January 20, 2007

Shopping is NOT fun

I have never liked shopping as long as I can remember. Today was no exception. It is somewhat difficult to shop with the kids, but that's not the reason I don't like it. I tried on about 10 outfits in one store and left with nothing. That is a lot of work for nothing. Being short is terrible when it comes to buying clothes. I was trying to find some casual sets to travel in but inevitably they were all too long, too tight in the rear and too loose through the waist, or just weird looking!!!!!
Has anyone ever heard of petites besides the major stores??? It would be nice to go into a discount store and find petites. Oh well, I'll go to the expensive stores next week and pray for a sale.
On the bright side I got the disposable cameras, valentine cards, a house warming gift for Aunt Stacy and Uncle Lee, and other little stuff. Grammy found us some light sticks at another dollar store- we need those for night time at Disney- thanks Grammy.
I think I have everything I need and I plan to start packing next weekend so I will have plenty of time to think of any necessary items without feeling rushed.
George worked at the church today and had a great time. He said that Hans V. does an incredible Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. Only George would ask someone from Germany to do that. I asked him if he made him do the "pump you up" skit from Saturday Night Live and he said Hans did that for him without having to ask. Can't wait to hear it for myself. There's never a dull moment when George is around.
We went to see Aunt Stacy and Uncle Lee's new house tonight. It is in Hayden, AL and it is very cute! We had fun visiting and laughing. Stone provided lots of entertainment as always. He went home to spend the night with Mimi and Pops. Sadie wanted to remain with her mommy. She's passed out next to me now- I'll move her in a little while. Shopping is not her thing either but she was a trooper today.
Well- it's been a busy Saturday and I am ready for some shuteye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandi, you should have heard Stone at dinner after the party Saturday night. We went to eat at Bryant's seafood and of course, he was the main attraction (just like his daddy). He was so wired that after twenty minutes of non-stop talking and moving Mimi asked him, "boy, what in the world did you eat today?" Stone replied, "I ate my out-of-control food!!!!" I thought I was going to fall out of my chair laughing, bout choked on a peice of chicken!!!! He was so much fun!!!
Stacy