Thursday, January 25, 2007

Little Drummer Boy


Our little drummer boy had his first lesson today. He started taking drum lessons from Gary Asher. When you see the pictures you will understand why he had a hard time paying attention to the real reason we were with Gary- to learn to play the drums. Gary has wall to wall drums and I mean floor to ceiling when I say that. It is amazing who he knows and whose drums he has. He had a set of drums from the Tom Hanks movie That Thing You Do and from Drumline. It was really cool.

George is in the basement practicing with him right now and he is being very patient with Stone. The hard part right now is playing right, left and then changing to left, right when you are not fluent with which hand is right and which is left. Stone came home from school with a green stamp on his right hand so that is his visual reminder for now.

I hope over the next three months that the code of music becomes meaningful to him and he is able to translate that into playing music when presented a piece. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep everyone posted! See more pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/68212054@N00/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!! Good thing it is in the basement. Ha!
Have fun in Disney. I've been 3 times and my children loved it.
Wish I could show them family videos of our trip to get them more excited!!! Ha. Love, Pam