Saturday, February 3, 2007

Disney day 3

Wow another fun day! We began our day with a character breakfast at Tony's Town Restaurant (Lady and Tramp theme). At first the kids were apprehensive about meeting the characters but they warmed up and had a blast. We saw the big rat (as Gramps calls him) and all the main characters. We did the whole picture thing and got that out of our way. Then we started riding again. Check the pics for more details.
I was delighted that I have "roller coaster kids". I am all about fast, death defying, make your insides quiver kind of rides so I was a little worried that I would have scaredy kids and be doomed to a life on the bench. Not so! They rode Goofy's roller coaster and begged for more. We got Stone in the line for Thunder Mountain Railroad and the crazy thing broke. Tomorrow we will let him check out the big roller coasters and see what he thinks. Sadie is not tall enough and she is not happy about that. Poor child- her mother is a shorty!
We had a great day in the Magic Kingdom and enjoyed our time. The crowds are so low that even the Fast Passes aren't available for most attractions because the wait time is already so short. We have had great weather for the most part (of course the 2 minute showers are annoying).
Tonight we took a Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks Voyage. Hook, Smee and Pan were all there. We took a boat ride and got to see the Electric Water Pageant and the Wishes fireworks from the boat. It was awesome. Stone won a sword- oh goody! Sadie won a periscope- she gave it to her brother. They both answered trivia questions on the boat.
It was an eventful and memorable day to say the least. Who knows what day 4 will hold?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

IS THAT MIMI ON THE ROLLER COASTER? If it is I can't beleive, she is such a scardy cat!!! As always the pictures are great and I am so glad you guys are having a good time. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me, and keep having fun! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Maggie! I hope ya'll are having fun. Tell Sadie and Stone I love them! We haven't seen a picture of Minnie or Mickey yet. Grammy and Gramps said hi..... We dedicated 19 babies today at church and Lyric was one of them... so cute! Mr.Moore and his wife had their baby dedicated... I miss ya'll and I will see you when you get home!

Michelle said...

What fun! Thank you for sending me the link to your sight. Meaghan and I are really enjoying looking at your pictures.

I am wondering if Stone rode Space Mountain and Expedition Everest?

This is addicting! Keep the pictures coming!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Looks like yall saw a lot of characters on day 3. I bet the kids loved that! I agree roller coasters are the greatest! You and George have got to ride the real good ones like the one that is in the dark ? mountain. Sr. moment! Have fun and I'm jealous! Pam

Anonymous said...

Okay, y'all are having too much fun! Are you planning on returning to work or just stay on a vacation on a full-time basis??

I'm emailing Mandi to see if she saw Prince perform at half-time. What a performance....purple rain, purple rain!! How awesome was that?!!

Enjoy the remainder of your trip! I've enjoyed looking at all of the pics. This blog is fantastic. All of you look rested and relaxed. Tell the kiddos "Hello" for me and George, too!

Beth