Thursday, February 1, 2007

Disney day 1

Well.... we are here!!!! Right now it is 1:45pm and the kids are fast asleep for a nap. They had to wake up around 4:00am so a nap was a must. They loved the plane and the "space cab" that takes you to the main airport terminal. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort...check out the pics. It is numero uno! The kids have jumped and screamed at every thing around here in excitement. This day alone has been worth the entire trip. If I knew bunk beds would excite them so much I would have a set at home.
It does not smell like animals thank goodness. It is about 70 degrees and people are swimming outdoors- not many but some. No thanks.
We are eating at the Concourse Steakhouse tonight and looking forward to a juicy side of beef! Wish you were here!!!!!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish I was there!!! Brings back memories of our Animal Kingdom Lodge stay in December of 2001. FYI-If they havent't told you they do not have drinking straws or balloons due to the danger they my cause to the animals. Just thought you might want to know that before you start looking for straws or want to bring balloons back to the resort. Can't wait to hear about Concourse Steakhouse! I haven't tried out that one before. Kiss the kids for me....miss you!

Stacy said...

I wish we were there too! Have some fun for me!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I am missing all the excitement. The kids looked so cute in the pictures. Don't forget to call. MOM

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all made it safely. Sounds like the trip is off to a great start. Enjoy the warm weather and have a fantastic time! Will check in later...

Love,
Beth

Michelle said...

Wow! Great pictures. The kids look so cute in thier Mickey Mouse shirts.

Have fun and tell Stone and Sadie to tell Mickey that Meaghan said "Hello".

I can't wait to see tomorrows pictures.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Tell Sadie...."Mickey" says hello and wishes she could be there too!
Have a great time!
Love,
Niki

Anonymous said...

We were looking at all of your great pictures this morning. It looks like so much fun! How is the weather there? Have a good time!

Pam, Beth, Prissy and John

Anonymous said...

sounds and looks fun. wish I could go with my kids again. Pam

Anonymous said...

LaLa, BoBo, and Maggie miss you all! Okay Mandi, did you get a little teary eyed when Stone and Sadie first saw the Magic Kingdom???? I know I did, no surprise! I hope ya'll make lots of sweet memories! I wish we could see their sweet faces when Tinkerbell flies from the castle! Lots of love and kisses!

Michelle said...

Just wanted to let you know I read that the Concourse Steakhouse is closing. Chef Mickey's is expanding and the Concourse is relocating to the lower floor and changing their name. Part of the Contemporary Resort is being remodeled. Even one of the gift shops is being closed and a large arcade is being moved in.

I didn't know if you write in your photo album or if you scrapbook, but I thought it was interesting that Stone and Sadie got to eat there before it closed.