Thursday, May 10, 2007

Time for a break

George has once again secured a wonderful FREE weekend to the beach for us. He buys his materials from Mayer Lightning and in return they give us a trip! We went last year and it was wonderful. We stay at Sandestin and for those of you who have never been- you won't stay anywhere else once you go! We started going there after our first trip this time last year and our kids love it. It can be pricey but if you watch it close you can get a deal. When I take a vacation, I do it right and Sandestin pampers you like no other.
We will play all day Friday and then Friday night enjoy a steak dinner. Saturday, George will get up early and play golf most of the day and I will sleep in and get a massage at the spa around 11:00. This is all complimentary from Mayer Lighting- how great! They will have a condo open 24-7 that is stocked with food and drinks. On Sunday I'll spend a little time at the beach before we head home.
I love this trip! For those of you who don't know me so well, I love to be by myself. I could survive on a desert island without anybody else. So- this trip is right up my alley- a day at the beach all by myself with a good book!!!!!
I'll try to take some pictures, but no promises since I am planning on bumming it!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I totally agree with you! There is nothing like sitting on the beach under my 10x10 shade with a good book, the wind blowing and the seagulls squawking, amazing relaxation! Kevin does not really play golf that much anymore, but he will take our kids to the pool or to play putt-putt and leave me to soak up as much of the beach that I can stand. Just thinking about it makes me want to go now, but I will just have to wait for June 30th. Have a GREAT trip!