Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Birthday Party

So we had the birthday party for the little girl... it was lots of fun. She had exactly the amount of friends as her age- 4. She thought it was great and so did I since it was easy as pie! We had pizza, drinks, cake and ice cream. I stuffed a pinata at Sadie's request. We had it at our church, Crosspoint, because it would be fun to play on the playground but it was a little too cold. They had a great time playing in the preschool classrooms instead. They hopped from room to room and had a blast. Sadie thanked me for her birthday and said it was the best- which proves you don't have to spend a fortune to have fun!
When I was growing up, my family did not celebrate birthdays with a big bash. Mom made your favorite meal or we went out to eat. There was never any upset feelings over who didn't come to the party or anxiety over who to invite. I attended big birthday bashes for my friends but I always enjoyed our simple birthdays. I am trying to create that for my kids as well. I want them to learn that the amount of people or money spent does not equal friendship or self worth. I spent exactly $80 dollars each on their birthday parties this year and if you ask them- they had a blast! Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I hate we missed it, and it will NOT happen again. That is all I thought about while up in Cullman!!!!

I am so glad she had a good time and I sure wish I had been there to enjoy it with her.

Love you guys!

Michelle said...

Great pictures. Sadie looks like she was having so much fun. I'm glad she likes "Baby Josie"!

We already knew she would make a beautiful Minnie!