Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Day Celebration

Well Stone loved it! He got up this morning and told me he was a little nervous. He then explained that he wasn't afraid but didn't know what it was going to be like. I told him that I get that feeling too. So we got ready and off we went. We prayed together in the car and that is the only time I got weepy. I quickly recovered and was just fine the rest of the day.
He got out of the car like a champ and every time I saw him today he was grinning from ear to ear. I was so proud of him. He didn't want to tell me details about his day but I am used to that. He will tell me everything when we have our "pillow talk" tonight. I am glad it is over and he is enjoying himself. Enjoy the pictures.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm getting weepy just reading it!!!! It is so hard to beleive that he is going to school. Before we know it he will be graduating and going off to college. He looked like he did really well and enjoyed himself. Give him a big hug and kiss from aunt Stacy. I really miss seeing those two in the mornings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Another chapter opened in his little life. I am so glad he loved it. He looks like he is having fun. Grammie

Michelle said...

What a big little man! He looked like he had a great day. I know there will be stories to follow, can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

He is such a good kid. Those teachers are lucky to have him in their classroom. He is so funny and bright it will lighten their days everyday. I am so proud of him.

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this but while I am not the weeping type I was a mess when kindergarten was over. The mother's day program and the end of year program about did me in. Oh the things to come.
Leah

Pat Green said...

what a big boy !! i think him and jacob would get along real good !!!of course jacob is a little (?)rowdy to say the least ! lol--wont be too long and miss sadie will be joining them at school--they grow up way too fast..enjoy them now..cause it gets interesting as they grow up...lol...how proud you and george must be...
love you all

Paula said...

wow he looks so big now..its hard to believr that him and jacob are in school now...thank you for the message...that helped alot coming from someone who is in education..and I am sure Michelle and Meaghan are both glad to be out of Dr. Heads room....

Anonymous said...

He is doing so well! I am so proud of him. But of course, everytime I see him I think of how old I'm getting. I remember when we began working together and you were pregnant with him! What a glorious time that was. Wish I could have it all back. If he ever needs anything at school or a ride, let me know. I'll always be there. Pam

Michelle said...

Stone stories - please!!!!!

I know that he has probably already had a few things. We need to hear them!