Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oh my goodness!!


I cannot believe that my baby boy is about to be a full fledged kindergartner! It seems impossible that my 7lb 11oz baby is about to be a backpack toting student! I have watched little people do this for over 11 years but now that it is my little person I am so anxious for him. I know he will love school and have a lot of fun but this closes a chapter for him known as preschool and opens the big boy chapter! No longer will I be able to protect him from bad words, bad habits and bad people! I do however have the Lord on my side and will be praying daily that He watches over my little boy and guides him in the right direction. Next year I have to do this with Sadie so I better get used to it!
I can't wait for him to learn to read, write and expand his smart little brain! He is a gifted boy and I hope his teacher sees his gifts and capitalizes on those. At the beach we went shopping and he picked out such big boy clothes. I told him we would go buy school supplies together but I honestly don't know if I can. You might see a breakdown on aisle 4 of Walmart! This sounds like a job for Grammy (who by the way is in Italy right now!). Maybe when she returns she'll be up for the challenge. She is thrifty too so she can save me tears and money- what a deal!
Well, for all of those who have gone before me bring on the advice- I could use it.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Well Mandi, it is only beginning for you. The milestones that your kids reach will start happening much quicker. Enjoy the little things, cherish the time that you have because he will be 15 years old the next time you blink! Be with him through everything and lavish in the thrills of the newness.

Paula said...

you are one of the strongest people I know so I know you will do fine. It is not that bad after the first few days...then it just part of your everyday schedule. Just take you a kleenex and you will do just fine.
POOR Mimi I bet she is a wreck as well.....No Stone all day long??? Oh My Goodness we will have to pray for her too!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Mandi, he is growing up so fast....he is going to love school becuase he gets so excited about learning new things. I can just hear him now "look what I learned today". These kidos still give me such joy even at this distance.
love ya all

Tonya said...

Mandi-
It seems like yesterday I took Maggie for her first day of big school! It is a bittersweet moment that you will cherish always! I will pray for you, Georgie and Stone as you prepare for the big day! It's hard to believe he is such a big boy! We had a great time with you guys at the beach!

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss having Stone during the week but will be kept busy with the little miss. I have missed them this summer. I am so glad you got all their stuff bought but I would have had I been needed. Only two more little ones to go thru this. It is hard to imagine that Maggie will be in the 5th grade, Emma in the 4th, El in the 1st, Stone in K5, Sadie K4 and then Daniel has a few years to go. Time has flown by with all these children. We love all of it. MOM

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I had my breakdown on Tuesday when Taylor and I ran down to UAB to complete the last part of his orientation.

I remember when we took him to Kindergarten. All the teachers were members of my church, and the school was only a mile away from our house, but like a big baby I cried all the way down the hallway. Vonda was happy as a lark. I was a big baby.

That is a great story.