Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Special Olympics


I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Michelle and Stacy Graves for volunteering at the Eastern area Special Olympics today. If you know these girls, they can take an event and transform it into a wonderful thing. They were in charge of awards and did a fabulous job making sure the right kids got the right award. They were on a first name basis with many of them by the end of the day! It was great. I appreciate all the time and effort that was put into this day so that our special friends could have some much deserved fun! I will post some pictures when I get them.

But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
Luke 14:13-14

3 comments:

Pat Green said...

well you know those two girls--can really bless your heart...they are two of a kind--thats for sure ! I know that they have a lot of love to give -and what better way to spread it than to these very special kids...I am very proud of BOTH of them !!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Mandi,

We enjoyed ourselves tremendously! Everything was wonderful; the weather, the way things were organized and the children! I would not trade my experience for nothing.
It was truly priceless.

I would most defiantly volunteer again, so keep us on your list! All of the kids were a true blessing and we loved all the hugs and WOW at the smiles! Hannah, Jeremy, Abby, Britney and Stacy’s new buddy – Daniel; are some of a few that will forever be etched in our hearts. Thank you for allowing us to participate, we are forever thankful

Michelle

Paula said...

how sweet!! this type of event just makes me so thankful that we have people like you michelle and stacy...it also makes me sad because charlie did this as well.my friend nikki would run with him in the wheel chair race and he would just smile and jabber...now he is running the great race in Heaven!!!
Let me know when you do it again i would love to come and cheer the kids on....just ask the Graves family if there is anything i can do best...it is hollar.....lol